This position requires operation of a Horizontal Devlieg Boring Mill with Fagor conversational control. The position is responsible to perform own set ups, and qualify parts with no assistance.
The machinist/operator will review specifications on prints, sketches, drawings, manuals and/or sample parts to determine dimension and tolerances of finished work-piece, sequence of operations, and set-up requirements as well as select, align, and secure holding fixtures, cutting tools, attachments, accessories, and materials on machines.
- Qualified candidates should have their own tools, experience setting up and operating mills, and be able to make parts from prints. Candidate must be able to machine quality weldments of multiple sizes with close tolerances.
- Performs de-burring operations with miscellaneous hand tools.
- Performs checks on equipment to maintain efficient and safe operations and reports and deficiencies.
- Must have relevant industry experience: automotive weld lines, BiW, and automation tooling systems.
- Must have at least 5 years of experience with Boring Mill Operation.
- CNC Programming and machining is preferred.