To review, analyze and develop engineered solutions for the automotive manufacturing sector.
General Job Requirements:
Work directly with the customer to understand and develop the best cost-effective solutions per their requirements. Document all conversations and communications with the customer via meeting minutes and project log and emails.
Line-up Estimating, Purchasing, Planning, Engineering, Project Management and Documentation with Customer spec, Content and layouts.
Participate in Customer Tech reviews, internal line-ups (after approval of change) and follow-up with Engineering for lessons learned. Ensure that all necessary updates to libraries are made, when required.
Ensure the general directions, plans, specifications of proposal or customer’s requirements are maintained within the proposal/change phase of the project.
Review any state of the art technology that may be required in the developing of a proposal, gather the right documentation, and upload into the Project Change Management System.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Specialized training in the use of CAD/engineering software. Should be familiar enough with Catia to view and manipulate product. Must have AutoCAD experience to produce layout proposal.
- Must be familiar with current manufacturing processes used in BIW. Familiar with geometry requirements for locating and welding.
- A minimum of ten (10) years of direct experience designing and/or processing automation systems and related tooling for the automotive, aerospace, construction and defense sectors; Experience with mechanical, controls, and robotic uses in an automation environment.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication abilities.
- Ability to effectively organize, prioritize and execute tasks in a timely manner in a high-pressure environment.
- Must be willing to work extended hours, when necessary, including overtime, weekends and holidays, as project and customer demands dictate. Can travel on occasion to customer site for line-ups and reviews.