- Operates lift trucks or hand trucks to convey, move or hoist materials to proper departments or areas.
- Unpacks, examines and routes incoming shipments, rejects damaged items, records shortages, and corresponds with shipper to rectify damages and shortages. Receives and processes all defective parts returned for replacement or credit.
- Maintains inventory of shipping materials and supplies.
- Performs all computer functions necessary to track various aspects of goods.
- Supports the shipment of goods produced and the received goods and supplies to be used in or to aid in the production/storage of goods destined for sale to our customer base.
- Responsible for making arrangements for pick up by the carrier specified on the customer’s purchase order, which is conveyed to shipping by final inspection via the shipping instructions.
- Reports defective materials or questionable conditions to the Operations Manager.
- Responsible for keeping an adequate supply of shipping materials on hand at all times.
- Maintains the work area and equipment in a clean and orderly condition and follows prescribed safety regulations.
- Required to make pick-ups and deliveries to our suppliers for parts and raw materials using a company van.
- Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice
Qualifications and Skills:
2 or more years of relevant experience; related industry experience is preferred.
Valid Driver License and a good driving record.
Ability to read and write English, follow verbal instructions and use simple math.
Licensed Forklift Operator.
Willing to work flexible hours and travel as needed.
Ability to multi-task and prioritize