Summary: This position requires the ability to write code to automate power driven machines, to read and interpret blueprints, program mills and lathes, maintain inventory of raw material, maintain equipment through preventative maintenance, and verify machine settings and positioning.
- Prepare and operate machines to perform tasks such as drilling, grinding, milling, etc.
- Understand specifications of the task at hand and the desired result by reading blueprints, mechanical drawings etc.
- Translate instructions into computer commands so the machines can perform the correct function.
- Prepare and load raw materials and parts into the machines.
- Prepare a test run to check if the machines produce outputs according to specifications
- Set machines to complete full cycles
- Supervise the machines while they execute the tasks and make any necessary adjustments to align with customer expectations
- Inspect and measure finished products and compare them with requirements to determine if the process has been completed properly.
- Check and maintain machinery daily to ensure functionality.
- Other functions as assigned by Management.
- Must have at least 3 years of experience CNC Programming and machining
- Must be able to operate Haas, program G&M Code, perform own set ups, and operate Fusion 360.
- Qualified candidates should have their own tools, experience setting up and operating mills and lathes, and be able to make parts from prints. Candidate must be able to machine quality weldments of multiple sizes with close tolerances.
- Performs de-burring operations with miscellaneous hand tools.
- Performs checks on equipment to maintain efficient and safe operations and reports and deficiencies.
- Must have relevant industry experience: automotive weld lines, BiW, and automation tooling systems.