Summary: Lay out, assemble, install, and maintain pipe systems, pipe supports, and related hydraulic and pneumatic equipment for water, heating, cooling, lubricating, and industrial production and processing systems.
- Cut and thread pipe to specifications, using tools such as saws, cutting torches, and pipe threaders and benders.
- Assemble and secure pipes, tubes, fittings, and related equipment, according to specifications, by welding, brazing, cementing, soldering, and threading joints.
- Attach pipes to walls, fencing, structures and fixtures, using brackets, clamps, tools or welding equipment.
- Inspect, examine, and test installed systems and pipe lines, using pressure gauge, hydrostatic testing, observation, or other methods.
- Measure and mark pipes for cutting and threading.
- Lay out full scale drawings of pipe systems, supports, and related equipment, following blueprints.
- Plan pipe system layout, installation, or repair according to specifications.
- Select pipe sizes and types and related materials, such as supports, hangers, and hydraulic cylinders, according to specifications.
- Cut and bore holes in structures, such as bulkheads, decks, walls, and mains, prior to pipe installation, using hand and power tools.
- Modify, clean, and maintain pipe systems, units, fittings, and related machines and equipment, following specifications and using hand and power tools.
- Install automatic controls used to regulate pipe systems.
- Inspect work sites for obstructions
- Assume a troubleshooting role during the tryout phase of equipment; and
- Provide technical assistance in the installation of equipment at customer locations.
- Willingness to learn more areas of the company in regards to Build, Pipe, Machining, etc.
- Other functions as may be directed by Management.
- 3-5 years' experience in machine tool pipe fitting
- Must be able to thread pipe
- Must also be capable of tube bending, bench and hand bending, sweating copper, and soft piping machine tools.
- Must be able to lay out machine tooling to prints and lay out header to print.
- Solid experience in machine tool build, preferably in BIW welding and assembly systems and setting equipment.
- Demonstrated ability to read and interpret pneumatic and fluid drawings;
- Demonstrated ability to lead jobs
- Must be able to travel and work overtime when required.