Summary: To create welding systems and automation tooling designs for each step of approved process systems. To coordinate design and engineering communications and work closely with cross-functional groups to meet customer expectations.
- Construct and modify CAD models per customer CAD standards using one or more of the following systems: Catia V5, Unigraphics, FIDES, AutoCad, Inventor, and Solidworks. Estimate design hours for tool concept to design and release for original content as well as changes;
- Prepare layout and detail drawings of design as required to project timelines.
- Develop creative and innovative engineered solutions that meet or exceed customer requirements.
- Review and study customer specifications, engineering schematics and other data in order to determine the design procedures needed to generate and release digital and/or hardcopy printouts related to the engineering and manufacturing requirements;
- Perform necessary engineering calculations and proper material selection to satisfy the required design functionality.
- Be knowledgeable of the release systems and procedures, and releases all the necessary detail drawings in digital and/or hardcopy formats per established requirements of the internal and external customers (for example release to purchasing for make/buy decision, input for controls design and engineering, and documents to support field installation and service personnel, direct digital transfers to customer systems).
- Other functions as may be directed by Management.
- B.S. Mechanical Engineering or equivalent in experience and education combined.
- Previous experience in design or other related fields.
- 5 years’ relevant industry experience and experience with CAD systems and software including Catia V5, Unigraphics, NX, Fides, Autodesk Inventor, Solidworks and Autocad.
- Basic Microsoft Office skills.
- Ability to work extended hours and travel when needed.