Summary: To coordinate and direct all functions of the Electrical department to ensure all projects are up to standard and work alongside other electricians. Ensure all electrical components are installed, tested and functioning in accordance with customer specifications, drawings, and safety standards.
- Read and interpret electrical prints, test, troubleshoot, install 24vdc,120v and 480v systems.
- Involvement in line up meetings for up-front planning purposes and to ensure that estimated hours are accurate.
- Organize material, lead and provide technical direction to outside contractors and internal apprentices.
- In conjunction with other trades, ensure jobs are completed on time in accordance with project time lines and customer delivery schedules.
- Provide technical assistance in the installation of equipment at customer locations.
- Willingness to learn more areas of the company in regards to Build, Pipe, Machining, etc.
- Other functions as may be directed by Management.
- 7 years’ experience in wiring of machine tool fixtures and cell integration.
- Experience in the automotive industry required
- Demonstrated ability to lead jobs and manage a team.
- Must be able to layout machine tooling from prints, test, troubleshoot, and install 24vdc,120v and 480v systems.
- Must be able to run switch cords to proxy blocks, low voltage and high power.
- Panel wiring and troubleshooting is preferred.
- Ability to help staff the build department to accommodate high and lows in the build schedule (direct hiring or contracting).
- Must be able to work to timelines and budgets.
- Must have own tools, be willing to work overtime, and travel as needed.