This position requires the set up and operation of a variety of machine tools to produce precision parts and instruments. Fabricate, modify, or repair mechanical instruments and maintain industrial machines, by applying knowledge of mechanics, shop mathematics, metal properties, layout, and machining procedures.
- Minimum 1 year of experience machining in an industrial environment
- Relevant industry experience within automotive, preferably: automotive weld lines, BIW, and automation tooling systems
- Must have your own tools
- Experience setting up and operating mills and lathes, and ability to read prints is preferred.
- Must be able to machine quality weldments of multiple sizes with close tolerances
- Performs de-burring operations with miscellaneous hand tools
- Performs checks on equipment to maintain efficient and safe operations and reports any deficiencies.