Summary: This position is responsible for controls HARDWARE and SOFTWARE design for tooling automation systems, including automated weld lines and equipment. The position is also responsible for debug, interfacing, and following the job all the way through to customer install. Part of the time is spent in the office, and part of the time is on the shop floor, or traveling to customer sites.
- Responsible for debug, interfacing, and following the job all the way through to customer install.
- Provide technical information, concept drawings as they relate to controls.
- Analyze proposal product, equipment, customer specifications and process requirements to conceive and produce a practical controls design within the limitations defined by cost, time and the availability of equipment or components.
- Assist in the establishment of controls standards for new designs or modifications to the controls of existing equipment or process when required.
- Provide technical assistance and expertise as directed by management or the customer.
- Develop controls designs, both hardware and software, that are compliant with customer specifications and industry standards.
- Assist in the De-bugging of the control’s functions, after assembly to ensure programs met engineering criteria.
- Installation Supervision or Service of equipment on Customer floor after delivery, ensuring equipment functions to design criteria.
- System design and specification including bill of materials, wiring schematics, programming, simulation, testing, installation, start-up, debugging and troubleshooting of equipment and systems.
- Other functions as assigned by Management.
- Minimum 5 years of direct industry experience.
- Experience working with highly complex and I/O intensive PLC work cell environments.
- Experience using Allen-Bradley ControlLogix 5000 series controllers.
- Familiar with all types of machine interfaces, and industry standard communications and protocols. Knowledge of EtherNet/IP and DeviceNet is required.
- Experience using PLC and HMI development tools including RSLogix 5000, Studio 5000 Logix Designer, and FactoryTalk View Studio.
- Understanding of mechanical/electrical co-design in distributed I/) systems.
- Familiarity with interfacing to and programming FANUC, ABB, and KUKA robots.
- Strong communication and organizational skills.
- Willing to travel locally and long-distance to customer sites.
- Willingness to help in other departments during slow periods in controls.
- Experience in Controls Estimating and Controls Build