Summary: Santanna Tool & Design is looking for an experienced, skilled and motivated individual to lead our team. The Controls Supervisor must be a hands-on leader that is used to working on highly complex PLC designs and integrations.
- Provide technical information, concept drawings as they relate to controls.
- Analyze proposal product, equipment, customer specifications and process requirements to conceive and produce a practical controls design within the limitations defined by cost, time and the availability of equipment or components.
- Assist in the establishment of controls standards for new designs or modifications to the controls of existing equipment or process when required.
- Assist with development of operation and maintenance sections of service manuals as requested.
- Provide technical assistance and expertise as directed by management or the customer.
- Develop controls designs, both hardware and software, that are compliant with customer specifications and industry standards.
- Ensure design conforms to all applicable safety standards.
- Assist in the De-bugging of the controls functions, after assembly to ensure programs meet engineering criteria.
- Installation Supervision or Service of equipment on Customer floor after delivery, ensuring equipment functions to design criteria.
- Other functions as may be directed by Management.
- B.S. Electrical Engineering or equivalent in experience and education combined.
- 10 years’ experience in a lead or supervisory role working on large scale PLC software projects.
- Experience working with highly complex and I/O intensive PLC work cell environments.
- Experience using Allen-Bradley ControlLogix 5000 series controllers.
- Familiar with all types of machine interfaces, and industry standard communications and protocols. Knowledge of EtherNet/IP and DeviceNet is required.
- Experience using PLC and HMI development tools including RSLogix 5000, Studio 5000 Logix Designer, and FactoryTalk View Studio.
- Understanding of mechanical/electrical co-design in distributed I/O systems.
- Familiarity with programming for and interfacing to FANUC, ABB, and KUKA robots.
- Strong communication and organizational skills.
- The ability to manage multiple projects and keep them on schedule for on-time delivery.
- Experience and knowledge of software documentation standards, revision tracking, and software backups.
- The ability to mentor others.
- Willing to travel locally and long-distance to customer sites.
- Experience in Controls Estimating and Controls Build.