Santanna Tool is hiring a Buyer in their Madison Heights, MI facility. The role will be to support the team in performing key commercial aspects of purchasing. Processing direct and indirect materials requirements for three facilities. This position will be reporting to the Purchasing Manager.
- Source materials for direct requirements in order to meet manufacturing objectives.
- Support advance purchasing function by selecting suppliers for new programs.
- Develop alternate sources of supply while ensuring continuity, consistency of quality and competitive pricing.
- Negotiate purchase terms and conditions as well as cost saving initiatives.
- Support associates relating to difficulties with suppliers in quality, delivery, and engineering.
- Indirect and direct sourcing via electronic requisition.
- Source raw materials and supplies for plant operations.
- Develop quote packages and evaluate results as they relate to quality, timing, and costs.
- Follow-up with suppliers to ensure timely deliveries of materials.
- Support accounts payable with invoice discrepancies.
- Ability to write and produce routine reports and correspondence.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in a business discipline or relevant work experience.
- Minimum of 3 years in a manufacturing role with purchasing experience.
- High level of attention to detail and ability to read Blueprints and Bill of Materials.
- Ability to effectively function in a rapidly changing work environment with frequent changes, delays, and unexpected events.
- Can effectively handle multiple projects simultaneously in a deadline driven environment.
- Must have experience working in a manual system.
- Has some experience with MRP/ERP systems.
This position is full-time and may require limited travel. Competitive salary based on skills and experience. In addition, the Company offers a complete benefits package of Insurance, vacation, and 401k with match. Ongoing career development and training with a team based environment.