Summary: To develop design strategies, coordinate communication within the design team, present design ideas, and work closely with cross-functional groups to meet customer expectations and project timing.
- Develop creative and innovate engineered solutions that meet or exceed customer expectations.
- Review and study customer specifications, engineering schematics and other data in order to determine the design procedures needed to generate and release digital and/or hardcopy printouts related to the engineering and manufacturing requirements.
- Perform necessary engineering calculations and proper material selection to satisfy the required design functionality.
- Be knowledgeable of the release systems and procedures, and releases all the necessary detail drawings in digital and/or hardcopy formats per established requirements of the internal and external customers (for example release to purchasing for make/buy decision, input for controls design and engineering, and documents to support field installation and service personnel, direct digital transfers to customer systems).
- Requires interacting with purchasing, manufacturing and finance groups
- Track and manage Engineering open issues to on-time closure for project deliverables
- Direct / Manage departments Engineering resources to complete development of the product.
- Establish the deliverables for the Engineering department and ensure completion dates are met.
- Call meetings as needed for Engineering group and communicate with customers in a timely manner.
- Establish and maintain engineering project plan for product development to launch.
- Track Engineering changes and relay these changes to the Project Management team.
- Other functions as assigned by Management
- B.S. Mechanical Engineering or equivalent in experience and education combined
- Minimum 8 years’ relevant industry experience
- Experience working with CAD systems and software is a plus. Software such as: Unigraphics, NX, Fides, Autodesk Inventor, Solidworks and AutoCAD.
- Highly preferred previous experience within the automotive industry of designing and tooling
- Proficiency in Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Ability to work extended hours and travel when needed.
- Ability to mentor
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize